High Performance Florock Floors installed with skill by Florock UK.
The secret is out — industrial epoxy flooring is the key to durability and longevity, and it’s being used on more facility floors than ever before. The long-term value of true high performance, industrial-grade epoxy, acrylic resin, and other resinous flooring is being realized by businesses around the world.
Installed throughout large facilities and complexes, with areas as large as 1 million square feet or more, industrial epoxy flooring is helping to safeguard employees and visitors, the environment and the bottom line. Here’s how:
With the hazards of heavy wear and tear, abrasion, chemicals and many other factors, industrial-strength flooring is essential in countering serious abuse. Your manufacturing facility’s industrial flooring has to be tough enough to keep employees and the public safe on a daily basis. Features and benefits include:
- Slip-resistance: Industrial epoxy flooring can significantly reduce the risk of slip and fall accidents.
- Antimicrobial properties: Optional special ingredients can be added during the manufacturing process of flooring to further inhibit the growth of pathogens, bacteria and other harmful substances after the floor gets installed.
- Improved indoor air quality: It eliminates “concrete dusting” can be harmful when inhaled. After the curing process is complete, the floors are inert, with no outgassing
- Safer: No formaldehyde, phthalates or heavy metals, when purchased from quality producers
- Improved visibility: Light colors can makes recovering dropped items and tools quick and easy
- Low maintenance: Easy to clean and sanitize
- Odor Free: The product is available in low or no odor options for occupied buildings
When it comes to installation of industrial or commercial flooring systems, environmental factors can play a large part in the decision-making process. Based on facility management’s preferences and site conditions, Florock has the right high performance epoxy or other resinous flooring product for nearly every industry. Our commitment to the environment means that our products are:
- Made with zero to very low VOCs for better air quality and low emissions
- Recycled content flooring available
- Formulas utilizing renewable, plant-based resins available
- Packaged in recyclable materials when available
- Made with local aggregate when available, resulting in reduced delivery fuel
- Enables the repurposing and reusing of existing slabs previously slated for destruction and replacement
- Installed with no excess cut-off material (in contrast to roll, sheet or tile floors) resulting in reduced landfill waste
Finally, uneven floors, cracks and potholes in industrial settings can inflict serious damage on mobile equipment and machinery. The repair bills can run into the thousands and slowed production can create unnecessary frustration. Installation of industrial epoxy flooring can help reduce equipment maintenance costs considerably, and support keeping production on schedule.
Consider these additional advantages as well:
- High gloss flooring can reduce the need for additional lighting
- Intact surfaces without cracks or potholes can help reduce slip and fall and forklift accidents
- Industrial epoxy flooring helps minimize risk for mold growth – unlike sheet or roll goods, the industrial epoxy floor surface is completely bonded to the concrete substrate. Virtually no dark, unseen pockets between floor topping and concrete, where mold and pathogens can proliferate.
- Many cost-saving, preventative solutions, such as moisture tolerant sub-layers to mitigate breached vapor barriers, elastomeric waterproofing membranes, antimicrobial additives, and much more.
- Industrial epoxy flooring helps facilities meet regulatory requirements of USDA, FDA, OSHA, EPA, and ADA.
Independently owned for over 60 years, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, USA, with stocking locations in California and the United Kingdom, Florock was founded on the principles of cutting-edge technology, innovation and impeccable integrity. Please contact us to learn more.