Here’s what industry experts have to say:*
- Know who’s boss. For the General Contractor, the Facility Owner is Priority One. Treat the Building Owner like your own best customer.
- Shoot straight. If a delay or other issue comes up, don’t “candy coat” it. Communicate the reality of the situation to the GC immediately and be ready with possible solutions.
- Be a team player. In a large, tightly coordinated project, your crew’s actions can have a huge domino effect. Make sure that effect is positive.
- Practice safety. A sound safety record, along with coverage from a reliable insurer, point to good site management — and indicate that you’re capable of more challenging, higher dollar projects.
- Be fiscally responsible. Sloppy or mismanaged finances will keep you out of the game.
- Contribute. If you see something that could improve the project or head off a potential problem, let the GC know about it — even if it’s not in your area. Your insight will be appreciated.
- Be flexible, and easy to work with (‘nuff said!).
In the end, getting that phone to ring is about building great business relationships – whether it’s those you have with your GCs, or the one we have with you! From all of us at Florock® Polymer Flooring . . .
Wishing You a Joyful Holiday Season
A Happy New Year!
To learn more, please email us or call 1-800-FLOROCK (356-7625).